LIGHT YEARS is an evolved communications and marketing agency that harnesses the power of digital and social media as well as influencer communities, ensuring that news travels fast. Light Years is a division of Words Worth Media (est. 1991).
Innovative – Driven by collaboration, passion and initiative.
Instinctive – Move at light years speed, yet leave no stones unturned where it
comes to ideation and service.
Insightful – A thoughtful approach to digital marketing. Our ears are always on the ground and our finger on the pulse.
Inspired – Creative ideas are celebrated and admired.
We are looking for an Account Executive who will be responsible for the delivery of a range of online and offline campaign and communication collaterals, events/activations, production (photography and video) for our clients and owned brand(s). The Account Executive must be an advocate for the creative process, storytelling, and creating impactful work.
The Account Executive is the key point of contact with the client, defines the project scope of work, develop timelines and milestones, plan and manage budget allocations, oversees sourcing and procurement, facilitate reviews and communication, and ensure project delivery requirements are met.
The Account Executive must have awareness of emerging and current talent to engage the best suppliers for each project. They must work in partnership with the client, creatives, account team and manage the production and post-production process.
- Conceptualise and develop creative ideas for projects and campaigns.
- Work closely with Directors / Senior Account Managers to define project scope, deliverables and effort.
- Proactively identify ways to deliver the best work within time and budgetary parameters.
- Work cross-functionally; collaborate with multiple project teams to conceptualise and execute content ideas for clients and owned brand(s).
- Manage and coordinate third party and/or agency partners.
- Maintain relationships with suppliers and vendors.
- Manage client expectations, ensure delivery of the highest quality service, and solicit and act on client feedback.
- Manage approvals and review all deliverables for quality.
- Actively identify, mitigate and manage project risk to ensure projects are delivered efficiently.
- Ensure project KPIs are met.
A snapshot of your day
- Conceptualisation and execution of events/activations, a range of online and offline campaign and communication collaterals, photography, and video content.
- WIP meetings and sharing of campaign performance with team and client.
- Responding to ad-hoc feedback requests.
- Research, develop, pitch and present new businesses to prospects.
- Monitor all channels for relevant information on competitive activities and market developments.
- Preparing precise briefs to creatives and other multi-disciplined teams and provide relevant background information on brand/product, customers, markets and competitors.
- 2 years’ experience in event management, production, marketing or communications.
- Demonstrated success in driving client excellence.
- Proficiency with G Suite and presentation software.
- Good time management and organisation with an acute attention to detail.
- Good command of the English language, written and spoken.
- Present information and ideas in an articulate, compelling and clear manner.
- A natural connector with good interpersonal skills.
- High level of personal credibility and accountability.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise and manage critical situations.
- Proactive and reliable; driven to achieve team goals.