LIGHT YEARS is full service communications agency that harnesses the power of digital and social media, as well as technology, ensuring that news travels fast. Light Years is a division of Words Worth Media (est. 1991).
Innovative – Driven by collaboration, passion and initiative.
Instinctive – Move at light years speed, yet leave no stones unturned where itcomes to ideation and service.
Insightful – A thoughtful approach to digital marketing. Our ears are always on the ground and our finger on the pulse.
Ingenuity – Creative ideas are celebrated and admired.
We are looking for an Art Director to lead and manage the creative team, to create and deliver innovative and compelling visual solutions of the highest quality.
The AD must have flair for branding and design, an eye for detail and a solid grasp of how to bring an idea to life in the real world.
The AD holds a pivotal role in our team. You help to create an environment where ideas and creative exploration is encouraged and celebrated.
Both a conceptual thinker and incredibly talented designer, you come up with ideas and then develop, evolve and refine briefs to create excellent solutions across a diverse range of channels such as print, motion/video, experiential and digital.
You will be an advocate for our creative studio and be comfortable overseeing large branding projects for some of the world’s largest brands as well as working with start-ups, the goal being to create meaningful, memorable work.
Collaborating closely with designers and copywriters, the AD needs to link strategic thinking, ideation and design, translating insight into big ideas, creating inspiring, thought-provoking and effective creative output.
The AD should be naturally curious and bring new ideas and inspiration to the work that demonstrates you are plugged into contemporary culture, always inspiring your clients and team mates with viewpoints from real world experiences and happenings.
- A knowledge of print, experiential and digital production practices and techniques.
- Inspire and visualise brilliant ideas and deliver strategically sound, beautifully compelling creative work across an eclectic and diverse range of projects.
- Coach and manage all creatives on the team (currently, three members).
- Explore new concepts and ideas with confidence and encourage those more junior to do the same providing constructive feedback and direction.
- Own internal and external brainstorming and concept development sessions to uncover brilliant ideas and to hone and craft others.
- Develop strong internal processes and procedures.
- To be a compelling communicator and storyteller, with an ability to present creative in a simple and compelling manner.
- Inspire teams to think beyond the obvious, develop innovative creative from broad concept development to implementation and execution.
- Be the internal guardian for designated clients and projects, overseeing the agency output and ensuring it’s strategically and creatively aligned.
- To seek ownership of and drive forward projects whilst motivating the team and maintaining forward momentum.
- To be confident with authority and decision-making, delegating work appropriately to others – taking into account your abilities and the resources available to you.
- Execute a higher level of design practice and craft that is grounded in solid, clear rationale that also cares about the smallest of details that brings polish to the work.
- Be responsible for post-production schedules, making selects, retouch notes and templates for creative execution across all channels.
- Where needed, commission external creative talent for various projects and manage external contacts including photographers, videographers, illustrators, animators, stylists, printers.
- Work closely with Business Head and Account Executives to define project scope, deliverables and effort, and to grow the agency business.
- 8-10 years’ experience as a designer in a branding / design / advertising agency. Demonstrated success leading a team of creatives.
- Proficiency in the use of all the usual design packages, Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Premiere/After Effects, XD/Figma (3D is a bonus).
- A natural leader who leads with empathy.
- Present information and ideas in an articulate, compelling and clear manner.
- Ability to multi-task and an enduring commitment to timelines and deadlines.
- Natural connector with good interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate good organisational and problem-solving skills.
- High level of personal credibility, dependability, and accountability.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise and manage critical situations.
- Proactive and reliable; driven to achieve team goals.
Interested candidates email your updated resume to email@example.com